Sunday, October 23, 2005

JES GREW PARTY PICS!

Since one of the best things about DJing is getting to see people get out the house and have a good time dancing, I thought I would throw up some pictures from this weekend and selected other events that yours truly has been spinning at.
Sorry most of these are from the DJ-booth perspective, but I need to start rollin' deep with a photographer/valet before I can get better 'in-the-crowd' shots! Plus I need a better camera!

This first group is from last Saturday's installment of THE JUMP OFF, and people were indeed gettin down and dirty at Gate 54's basement lounge in Cafe Saint-Ex. It was wall-to-wall dancing until 2:30AM. If ya missed it, don't sleep on the next one, Saturday NOV 19TH!





These pics are from last weekend, we de-camped from DC down to Fatback's hometown of Charleston, South Carolina for the nuptials of Mr & Mrs Fatback. These are from the groom's dinner, which was hosted by Fatback's sister, and was a Low Country Oyster Broil and dance!

Crooked Beat Records' own DJ Neville C was running things on the decks, spinning a host of great jazz, soul and reggae.
Saturday found Fatback looking suave and smelling good for his wedding and reception. He instructed Neville, Secret Chimp and I to just keep the girls dancing and make he and Mrs Fatback (who was resplendent in a chic white gown) proud. We had a ball!




These are pics from the last Jazz Corner of the World I did, whic was fun, because DC Digga arrived to lend support and check my selections....oh, and also to sip a cocktail.

And The Jazz Corner would be missing a lot of flavor if it weren't for the steadfast service and philosophical musings of the one and only Benjy, the bartender to end 'em all. He has truly been a saving grace from the day we started the Jazz Corner to this day. So thanks, B! You are a part of the Jes Grew family!
These are a couple of pics from a backyard BBQ that I have DJ'ed for the last 2 summers running for some good friends of mine who also live just down the street. Check the Cha Cha Slide! Followed by the Electric Slide! or was that the other way around?



This pic is from a wedding reception/cocktail party in Georgetown that I helped DJ Fatback with, back in September. I was strictly relief pitching, but I had a great time keeping the Bossa Nova bossin' and the revelers revelin'. The hosts were super cool folks too, and we hope to another house party for them soon since the boys in blue closed this one down by midnight!

Whew! Well that's a lot of visual stimulation for one night, so I will be back later in the week with my Halloween Horror Treats, so stop back, y'hear?

QUOTE OF THE DAY
"Soul is a way of life. But it is always the hard way."
-Ray Charles

No comments: