Monday, September 19, 2005

Welcome to Mumbo Jumbo, home of the Jazz Corner of the World!

The Jazz Corner has been operating as a weekly residency at Cafe Saint Ex in the historic U Street Corridor of Washington DC, birthplace of the great Duke Ellington.

Begiining at 7pm every Wednesday evening in the downstairs lounge at Cafe Saint Ex known as
Gate 54, the JesGrew DJs play a wide variety of jazz, potentially playing everything from Django Reinhardt or Cab Calloway in the 1930s to funky fusion from the 70s and all points in between!
I will be attempting to post setlists, photos, assorted announcements and news items pertaining to all the JesGrew activities.


Nearest and dearest to my heart is The Jazz Corner of the World, of course, but I will be keeping the world informed of our monthly dance nights as well, aptly titled, The Jump Off!


So stay tuned, check back for playlists, some record and movie reviews and to see who might turn up as our esteemed guest DJs on occasion!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Dear DJ Birdman,
I like your blog and can't wait to hear more about your music plans. Keep the groove movin'......Also when I get time I will update my blog (readyletsgo.blogspot.com) and include info about your happenings. Best wishes.

Birdman said...

That's a plan! I can't wait to see you out soon!